Rare and Unique: 10 Exotic Pets and Where They Are Legal to Own
- Capybara. The capybara is one of the largest rodents in the world and can weigh up to 140 pounds, but they sure are cute!
- Bearded Dragon.
- Fennec Fox.
- Hyacinth Macaw.
What is the most exotic animal in the world?
The Most Exotic Animals in the World
- Leafy seadragon.
- Fanfin Angler.
- Japanese macaque.
- Pink dolphin.
- Atelopus frog.
- Fennec fox.
What is the most common exotic pet?
Popular exotic pets in focus
- Special note from Debbye.
- Sugar Glider. Sugar Gliders are in the marsupial family along with kangaroos, opossums, and koala bears.
- Kinkajou. Kinkajous are from the forests of Central and South America.
- American Alligator.
- Fennec Fox.
What is the easiest exotic pet to look after?
In general, these animals are low maintenance and don’t require much to live a long, happy and healthy life.
- Rodents. Sure, rats and mice are cute, but if you want a small exotic pet, those rodents aren’t going to cut it.
- Hedgehogs. A Hedge Hog.
- Non-Domesticated Canines. A Fennec Fox.
- Skunks. A Skunk.
- Wild Cats. A Savannah Cat.
How much does an exotic pet license cost?
Florida issues more than 4000 exotic ownership permits each year and has to employ 27 inspectors at a cost to tax payers of 1.5 million dollars per year, just to allow people to keep, breed and sell exotic pets. Permits cost between 5. and 250. if you have more than ten animals.