In a way, you’ll be living with big cats while you volunteer!
Your daily tasks will include:
- Caring for the amazing big cats.
- Taking part in the enrichment program.
- Preparation of food and feeding the animals.
- Cleaning and maintaining enclosures.
- Helping with general farm work.
- Educating visitors.
What is it called when you work with big cats?
Research. Research zoologists will conduct research on large felines, regarding all aspects of the animal’s behavior, physiology, diseases, diet and health, along with related research into the species that big cats depend upon for food.
Where can I interact with big cats?
10 Destinations Where You Can Get Up Close & Personal With Wildlife
- 6 The Greater Wynnewood Animal Park in Wynnewood, Oklahoma.
- 7 Woodstock Farm Sanctuary in High Falls, New York.
- 8 Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas.
- 9 Palm Beach Zoo in Palm Beach, Florida.
- 10 Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida.
How can we help big cats?
There are several reputable organizations that help rescue and rehabilitate big cats.
We’ve only scratched the surface here — make sure and visit the sites to learn more about how you can affect the causes.
- Big Cat Rescue.
- Cheetah Conservation Fund.
- The Wildcat Sanctuary.
How can I work with tigers?
The only legitimate ways to work with tigers are:
- Work at a sanctuary that does not buy, breed, sell, trade, handle exotic cats, nor take them off site for exhibition.
- Move to a tiger range country and become a game warden.
- Enable one of the two above.
Can I own a big cat?
Many people keep big cats like bobcats, tigers, and lions as pets. Tigers and lions are surprisingly easy and inexpensive to purchase as pets. While import and interstate trade are prohibited, they are available in many states from captive breeders.
What is the most dangerous cat?
Adorable, Remorseless Killing Machine Is World’s Deadliest Cat. The black-footed cat (Felis nigripes) hunts amongst the short desert scrub in the Karoo of South Africa. The deadliest cat on Earth isn’t a shaggy-maned lion, a sleek leopard or a stealthy tiger.
Can Lions be pets?
Tigers and lions are surprisingly easy and inexpensive to purchase as pets. While import and interstate trade are prohibited, they are available in many states from captive breeders. This means it is possible to own a large and powerful carnivore whether or not you are equipped to properly care for them.
How much is a lion?
Prices for lions range from 5,000 USD for an adolescent lioness, to a whooping 140,000 USD for a rare white lion cub. Keep in mind also that the setup cost for owning a lion is over $100,000.00 and the annual care is over $10,000.00. That’s if you have no emergencies and no one gets hurt and sues you for millions.
Where can you pet a tiger in the US?
THE BEST TIGER SANCTUARIES IN THE U.S.
|BIG CAT RESCUE TAMPA , FLORIDA||CAROLINA TIGER RESCUE PITTSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA||THE WILD ANIMAL SANCTUARY KEENESBURG, COLORADO|
|CEDARHILL ANIMAL SANCTUARY CALEDONIA, MISSISSIPPI||SAFE HAVEN WILDLIFE SANCTUARY IMLAY, NEVADA||BLACK BEAUTY RANCH MURCHISON, TEXAS|
2 more rows