Why should we save tigers from extinction?
So when a species goes extinct, it leaves behind a scar, which affects the entire ecosystem. Another reason why we need to save the tiger is that our forests are water catchment areas. The tiger is a unique animal which plays a pivotal role in the health and diversity of an ecosystem.
What is being done to save the Malayan tiger?
The objectives of this project include reducing poaching activities, conducting scientific monitoring on the population dynamics of tigers and their prey, raising awareness and reducing human-tiger conflicts through community engagement and educational programmes, ensuring forest connectivity, as well as monitoring
What will happen if tigers go extinct?
If the tiger goes extinct the population of the deer, wild pig, antelope, and gaur will rise dramatically because the tiger cant control it. this will also cause the co extinction of some other animals that live in that area because there is no food for them to eat and their species will go extinct.
How can we help endangered animals?
Here are someways to accomplish this.
- Educate your family about endangered species in your area.
- Recycle and buy sustainable products.
- Reduce your water consumption.
- Reduce your personal footprint.
- Do not buy plastic products.
- Pressure your civil servants.
- Volunteer your time to protect the wildlife in your area.
How can we save tigers?
- Protect tigers and their habitat.
- Build capacity in range states.
- Reduce human-tiger conflict.
- Conduct scientific research on tigers to help inform conservation strategies.
- Promote tiger-friendly policies.
- Monitor tiger numbers, population trends, and threats to tigers and their habitats.
Are tigers bigger than lions?
The conservation charity Save China’s Tigers stated “Recent research indicates that the tiger is indeed stronger than the lion in terms of physical strength. A tiger is generally physically larger than a lion. Most experts would favor a Siberian and Bengal tiger over an African lion.”