Tigers and lions are surprisingly easy and inexpensive to purchase as pets.
While import and interstate trade are prohibited, they are available in many states from captive breeders.
This means it is possible to own a large and powerful carnivore whether or not you are equipped to properly care for them.
How much does a lion cub cost?
So, a lion cub costs around $350,000.
Can you raise a lion cub?
No, you will not. Lions are not domesticated animals, even if you raise them in a domestic environment, they are still wild and will act on their wild instincts. Even raising a lion from birth you will NEVER be 100% safe around it, no matter how long you’ve had it or how much you’ve interacted with it.
Where can I pet a lion cub?
Pet lion cubs! – McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary
- United States.
- West Palm Beach.
- West Palm Beach – Things to Do.
- McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary.
What is the most expensive animal in the world?
These are the 10 most expensive animals in the world
- White Lion Cubs: Estimated worth up to $140,000.
- Arabian Horse: Estimated worth up to $100,000.
- Stag Beetle: Estimated worth up to $89,000.
- Savannah Cat: Estimated worth up to $12,000.
- Lavender Albino Ball Python: Estimated worth up to $40,000.
- Palm Cockatoo: Estimated worth up to $16,000.
Can I buy a lion in the US?
But owning your own lion — or tiger, or leopard — is pretty difficult to achieve when you live in the U.S. Twenty-one states in the U.S. ban all dangerous exotic pets. The previously mentioned five states –Nevada, Wisconsin, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina — don’t require a permit.